2018 Toyota RAV4 vs 2018 Hyundai Tucson
Looking for a Capable Crossover Like the Hyundai Tucson in Warwick? Consider the 2018 Toyota RAV4 Instead
Any Toyota enthusiast, when faced with the challenge of finding a capable everyday cruiser, that can crush it on the weekend as easily as it commutes to the office in the city, will choose the 2018 Toyota RAV4 without question. But if you’re not sold on the brand, and you’ve been shopping vehicles like the 2018 Hyundai Tucson in the Warwick, Providence, Cranston, North Kingstown, or Pawtucket areas, it’s worth it to take a good hard look at this new crossover.
See if the newest RAV4 – not only one of the most popular SUVs on the market but also one of the oldest nameplates in the crossover business – will be the right fit for your lifestyle.
2018 Toyota RAV4 specs:
- MSRP: from $24,510
- MPG: Up to 23 city / 30 highway
- Dimensions: 184″ L x 73″ W x 67-68″ H
- Towing capacity: 1,500 lbs
2018 Hyundai Tucson specs:
- MSRP: From $22,550
- MPG: Up to 25 city / 30 highway
- Dimensions: 176″ L x 73″ W x 65″ H
- Towing capacity: 1,000 lbs
Compare the 2018 Toyota RAV4 vs 2018 Hyundai Tucson
You may be on the fence about your next midsize crossover SUV, and you have a lot of things that you want to consider: price, performance, cargo and passenger space, seating, comfort, technology, connectivity, features, and style points. These two SUV options from Toyota and Hyundai are both competitive options.
But we’ve got ten reasons why the RAV4 is a better buy for your money than the Tucson:
- Entry-level RAV4 models are slightly more expensive than base Tucson models–but when equipped with the modern features that you want, like Toyota Safety Sense™ (TSS), the RAV4 is a better value for you
- Fuel economy for the RAV4’s standard 2.5-liter engine and the Tucson’s standard 2.0-liter four-cylinder are about the same, and both SUVs get 30 mpg on the highway
- Behind the rear seats, the RAV4 provides 38.4 cubic feet of cargo area–the Tucson? A mere 31 cubic feet.Fold the rear seat flat for optimal storage capacity, and the RAV4 gives you up to 73.4 cubic feet – Tucson maxes out at only 61.9 cubic feet. That’s almost a full sedan trunk’s worth of cargo more than the RAV4 can offer
- For total driver and passenger comfort, the RAV4 offers more front head and legroom than the Tucson
- A new Adventure trim level with the 2018 RAV4 adds on additional ground clearance, 18-inch wheels and a 120-volt outlet. The optional Cold Weather package will add on necessities like heated and power front seats, a heated steering wheel, and windshield wiper de-icers.
- Toyota’s SUV boasts more standard horsepower and more standard torque than Hyundai’s Tucson model
- While both models come standard with front-wheel drive, and offer all-wheel drive as optional equipment, the RAV4 comes standard with a Limited Slip Differential for added traction
- The RAV4 offers a hybrid model lineup; the Tucson technically offers a fuel-cell Tucson version, but it’s expensive and difficult to find
- The 2018 RAV4 offers up to a standard 1,500 pounds of pulling power, while the Tucson only offers half of a ton. Add on the Tow Prep package, and that will increase the RAV4’s tow rating to 2,900 pounds with front-wheel drive and 3,500 pounds with all-wheel.
2018 Toyota RAV4 Model Research and Inventory: Can Hyundai Compare?
With spacious interior cargo room, a comfortable and driver-centric cabin featuring technology like Bird’s Eye View Camera, the Star Safety System™, Integrated and Connected Navigation, Siri Eyes Free, and SiriusXM Satellite Radio, and legendary Toyota all-wheel-drive performance, it’s no wonder that the new 2018 Toyota RAV4 is such a competitive option when compared to the 2018 Hyundai Tucson.
But facts and figures can only do so much – so we encourage you to learn more about this new model, by exploring custom RAV4 research online, by comparing to other new Toyota SUVs in stock at Balise Toyota of Warwick, and by visiting our dealership serving Providence to take a test drive in the well – equipped and capable 2018 RAV4 SUV.